Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sending email

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to send email from qlikview. I need to send a chart when the reload finished. I'm using the "after reload" trigger and a macro code found at this community. I'm exporting the chart to excel and after that attaching it. Now, I have two issues:

1) from the desktop edition, I can send only to recipients from the domain. The error I found is "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxxxx@xxxxx.com.ar "

2) is not working at all on the server. Even the files are not exported.

Hope someone can help.

Regards.

Damian

16 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damian,

First, check your SMTP server settings, QlikView does nothing apart from telling the operating system to send a mail using CDOSYS or CDONTS likely (depending on the macro you are using). Contact your network and systems administators to test the mail sending from the server. You may need to aunthenticate in order to send emails through that server.

Second, OnLoad macros might not work in a client - server environment. There are some macro limitations as documented in the Reference Manual section 29.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel. What's the difference between CDOSYS and CDONTS? The macro I found use CreateObject("CDO.Message")

SMTP server settings were checked. In fact, mails from the server when a reload fails are sent.

I'm gonna check the macro limitations.

Thank you.

Damian.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damian,

Check this info document from Microsft detailing the differences between both. Basically, CDONTS is used on NT systems (Windows NT) and CDOSYS are used in higher versions of Windows Server (check here for further information on both). If you got the macro here in the QlikCommunity, it's likely CDOSYS and should work just fine in your computer.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel.

So, there is another way to do that?

Regards.

Damian

Not applicable
Author

I think I've found the way: installing the desktop edition on the server and using /r option from command line

But now, after the reload from command line, the exported file is generated, but the mail is not sent. If I open the qvw with the desktop and made a reload, it works fine. Do you know why?

Regards.

Damian

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Damian,

First of all, and pretty obvious, but have you checked the Server SMTP mail configuration in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console and let QlikView know where to send the mail through? Go to the QEMC, System, Setup, Mail Server. Use that same page to send a test mail.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

These settings are correct, I received the test mail.

Regards.

Damian

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Then your email should be sent just fine. Can you share the macro code that you are using (with user names and password removed) so we can see what's going wrong?

Did you try code from this thread?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I try that trhead. Attached is my code. Than you.

Regards.

Damian