Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Separating Data on Two Sheets?

Dear All,

I am very new to Qlikview so forgive my ignorance. I'm developing an app in which I have two sheets. At present I have one script to load my data by OLEDB connection, and I use two SELECT statement to query two different tables in a data warehouse. All records from both tables are loaded and both sheets objects can access this data. What I'd like to do though, is for SELECT statement number 1's records to be available only to Sheet 1 only, and SELECT statement 2's returned records, to only be available to Sheet 2.

Hope this makes sense. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Dave.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello David,

All records loaded (all you can see using the Table Viewer or Ctrl + T) are avaiable for all sheets in your app. But you can limit the information displayed in one sheet using objects based on one table in Sheet1 and obects based on records from the other table.

Say you have Customers and Items as tables, and two fields in each table. You can use listboxes from Customers in Sheet1 and listboxes from Items in Sheet2.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello David,

All records loaded (all you can see using the Table Viewer or Ctrl + T) are avaiable for all sheets in your app. But you can limit the information displayed in one sheet using objects based on one table in Sheet1 and obects based on records from the other table.

Say you have Customers and Items as tables, and two fields in each table. You can use listboxes from Customers in Sheet1 and listboxes from Items in Sheet2.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

Thanks a lot for the speedy response. That is very helpful. I'll look at organising things a little differently on my app then.

Kind regards,

Dave.