Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Set Analysis Date range doesn't work when we select a date?

Hi all,

I have used the below expression to calculate the amount starting from financial year to this date. But, When I try to change the date in the filters, the below expression doesn't work.

For example;

If I select date as 01/05/2017 in the filter, The report should list the values starting from 01/04/2017 to 01/05/2017 but instead it calculates all the values from 01/04/2017 to today.

I have used the below expression in my report;

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(=Max(Dim_Date)))'}>}Amount)

What so strange here is when I put the start date in one text box and end date expression in one text box and then I select the date in filters, The dates are changing in the text boxes.

Please help me to fix this issue.

5 Replies

Re: Set Analysis Date range doesn't work when we select a date?

You must declare the Variable name like

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(DateRangeVariableName)'}>}Amount)

OR

=Sum({<Dim_Date={'>=$(=YearStart(Max(Dim_Date),0,4)) <=$(=Max(Dim_Date)))'}>}Amount)

May be one extra parenthesis written

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Partner
Partner

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply.Again I'm having the same problem. Is there any other simpler way to solve this. The Date inside the expression should change as I change the date in the filters, Also the year function too should work.

Can you please attach work file to test

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
lakkydev
Contributor II

Try below one

Sum({$<

Dim_Date={">=$(=MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(Dim_Date),-1)))<$(=MonthEnd(Max(Dim_Date)))"}>}Amount)

How about if you use Date() function

=Sum({<Dim_Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(Dim_Date), 0, 4), 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(Dim_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} Amount)