Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgavidia
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis issue with QlikView earlier versions and QlikView 12.20

Hello everyone,

I hope some one can help me with this problem:

I just upgraded one of our desktops from QlikView 12.10 SR8 to QlikView 12.20 SR7 without any installation problems.

After loading my main dashboard, I found out that formulas that have the format below are returning 0 whereas, the same formula, returns the correct number in version 11.2.

This formula returns the number of Move-Ins from the beginning of the month to yesterday.

Sum({$<MoveInDate ={">=$(=Monthstart(Date(vYesterday)))<=$(=Date(vYesterday))"}, Year =, Month = >} #MoveInCounter)

The formula has been working OK since version 9 and I never had this problem with the prior upgrades.

Do you have an idea of why this formula is failing in QlikView 12.20 SR7?

I looked at the release notes and I did not find anything relevant; maybe is a simple thing but, for some reason, I cannot see it.

Thanks,

Miguel Gavidia

Los Angeles, CA.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mgavidia
Creator
Creator
Author

Avinash, Anil,

Your feedback helped me to narrow it down to an issue with the variable definition.

I had define vYesterday variable without date format and that worked on previous versions.

LET vYesterday = Date(Today()-1);

However, for version 12.20, I had to define the variable with he  'MM/DD/YYYY' format.

LET vYesterday = Date(Today()-1,'MM/DD/YYYY');

This change in the format fixed the problem and my dashboard numbers are back.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Miguel Gavidia

View solution in original post

4 Replies
achettipalli
Creator
Creator

Hi Miguel,

I haven't noticed any changes in my Qlikview applications when upgraded.

However, From the given expression. I could find some possibilities of getting 0.

Date format looks to be the main issue.

I'd use Date(MonthStart(vYesterday),'required field format') instead of Monthstart(Date(vYesterday)))

// since Monthstart() has only one format.

My expression:

=Sum({$<MoveInDate ={">=$(=Date(Monthstart(vYesterday),'MM/dd/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(vYesterday,'MM/dd/YYYY'))"}, Year =, Month = >} MoveInCounter)

// vYesterday varaible expression is "=Today()-1"

Good luck!

Avinash

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Technically, There is no change. But for version of upgrade probably you may need $() for variables like

Sum({$<MoveInDate ={">=$(=Monthstart(Date($(vYesterday))))<=$(=Date($(vYesterday)))"}, Year =, Month = >} #MoveInCounter)

Or

Sum({$<MoveInDate ={">=$(=Monthstart(Date($(=vYesterday))))<=$(=Date($(=vYesterday)))"}, Year =, Month = >} [#MoveInCounter])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mgavidia
Creator
Creator
Author

Avinash, Anil,

Your feedback helped me to narrow it down to an issue with the variable definition.

I had define vYesterday variable without date format and that worked on previous versions.

LET vYesterday = Date(Today()-1);

However, for version 12.20, I had to define the variable with he  'MM/DD/YYYY' format.

LET vYesterday = Date(Today()-1,'MM/DD/YYYY');

This change in the format fixed the problem and my dashboard numbers are back.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Miguel Gavidia

achettipalli
Creator
Creator

Glad it helped.

Cheers!