Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfigueiredo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis with current selections

Hi Qlik Community,

Although I've done research on this topic (and there are plenty on YTD, QTD here on the community) I can't seem to find a solution that helps me.

I have the following table, with data for each Quarter. I do not have a Quarter field in my Model, and the company doesn't have it as well.

Expressions:

Q1

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'1','2','3'}>} Price)

/

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'1','2','3'}>} Sales)

Q2:

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Price)

/

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Sales)

and the other expressions change ONLY the months as well.

My problem:

Data is loaded everyday; which means I already have data for June and July.

However, the specific reports I am creating should be sensible to user selections.

What I mean is: while I was making the May Report, June data was already available and included in that Q2 expression. But I don't want June data to be included if I did not select that month.

I need the Q2 expression (and all others) to ONLY include the months the user has selected. If I select the first 5 months, Q1 should represent the average for the first three months and Q2 for ONLY the fourth and fifth month.

I wasn't aware of this problem until now... Can you help me?

I was hoping to get an expression that solved this, since I only make the charts and do not edit the model or the script at all.

Thank you so much,

Mariana.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try intersection with the default state:

sum({$*<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Price)

/

sum({$*<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Sales)

Or intersection with only the possible Month values from the default state:

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}*P(Month)>} Price)

/

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}*P(Month)>} Sales)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try intersection with the default state:

sum({$*<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Price)

/

sum({$*<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}>} Sales)

Or intersection with only the possible Month values from the default state:

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}*P(Month)>} Price)

/

sum({<Year={$(=max(Year))}, MarketCd=-{'PA','SPO','OF','AM','AC'}, Month={'4','5','6'}*P(Month)>} Sales)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mfigueiredo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much Gysbert.

The first expression works perfectly! I had tried the dollar sign but without the * and in the wrong place it seems.

Ashamed to find out how simple it was... then again I am a Qlik Newbie!

Best regards,

Mariana.