Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Set Analysis

hi guys

PFA,

On this sheet, I am specifically looking at Registered. This can either have a value of 0, to indicate NOT registered, or 1 to indicate Registered.

When I toggle between the 0 and 1 the values I get are the ones in the text boxes. But what I dont understand, the Frequency values in the Registered listbox, ratio's are not the same...I'm a bit confused here...

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Set Analysis

Yes, the ratios have to change. Those ratios refer to the times each value appears in the data model. If the maximum value is 100%, and for example, value 0 appears 1, and value 1 appears 3 times, the ratio will be 25% for 0 and 75% for 1.

When you select one of them, there is only one possible value (the one selected) therefore the ratio changes to 100%. Even if there are 1000 values in the data model associated with it in a different table of the data model, or the same, all those 1000 would be related to the only possible, therefore the frequency of the value selected will always be 100%.

If you want to change how these ratios behave, you should use text boxes instead of the frequency property of the listbox, remember the listbox only displays distinct values, and therefore the difference between the listbox and the text object.

When you select "0", in the listbox there is only one value selected, the frequency of that value for that listbox is and must be 100% (as there is one unique value selected). However, the field UCN has 7 possible values associated with reg_ind = 0, and that's what it shown in the text objects.

EDIT: added a new table with Count(), Count(DISTINCT) and Count(TOTAL DISTINCT) to show the difference at once.

EDIT 2: added some comments for clarification.

7 Replies
techvarun
Valued Contributor II

you mean this?

Sorry if i Misunderstood your question

samp.PNG

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Yes, that’s the one

techvarun
Valued Contributor II

Check the attached

HirisH_V7
Honored Contributor

If i got u clear, that frequency value is showing due to checking of ,

List box Properties -> general ->showfrequency and In percent are checked.

And what you want to acheive? please be more clear.

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Highlighted
woshua5550
Contributor III

you were comparing the percentage in 'registered' list box and in text box ? ,if yes , then you should not use 'distinct' in text box. just change it into "=NUM(count(UCN) / count({1} UCN),'#,##0.0%')"

Yes, the ratios have to change. Those ratios refer to the times each value appears in the data model. If the maximum value is 100%, and for example, value 0 appears 1, and value 1 appears 3 times, the ratio will be 25% for 0 and 75% for 1.

When you select one of them, there is only one possible value (the one selected) therefore the ratio changes to 100%. Even if there are 1000 values in the data model associated with it in a different table of the data model, or the same, all those 1000 would be related to the only possible, therefore the frequency of the value selected will always be 100%.

If you want to change how these ratios behave, you should use text boxes instead of the frequency property of the listbox, remember the listbox only displays distinct values, and therefore the difference between the listbox and the text object.

When you select "0", in the listbox there is only one value selected, the frequency of that value for that listbox is and must be 100% (as there is one unique value selected). However, the field UCN has 7 possible values associated with reg_ind = 0, and that's what it shown in the text objects.

EDIT: added a new table with Count(), Count(DISTINCT) and Count(TOTAL DISTINCT) to show the difference at once.

EDIT 2: added some comments for clarification.

lornafnb
Valued Contributor

Miguel,

thank you very much