Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Attend QlikWorld 2020 and hear keynote speaker, Malcolm Gladwell. Register by February 29th to save $200. Learn More
Highlighted
venkatasreekant
Valued Contributor

Set Analysis

Hi Qlicker

I want to write the same condition in set Analysis..

Count(DISTINCT(if([%Indent status code]='K' and not(IsNull([PR No])) and IsNull([PO No]) ,[%Indent Line Number])))

Thanks in Advance.....

8 Replies
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Re: Set Analysis

Hi

To select Not(isNull([PR No])), use the phrase [PR No] = {'*'}.

For the rest of the expression, see my answer to your previous post on a related query: http://community.qlik.com/thread/121390

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Count({<[%Indent status code] = {'K'}, [PR No] = {"=Len(Trim( [PR No]))<>0"}, [PO No] = {"=Len(Trim( [PO No]))=0"}>}DISTINCT [%Indent Line Number])

Highlighted
venkatasreekant
Valued Contributor

Hi Manish,

I used your condition but it showing the Error. Means i'm not getting the desired output...

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Note: if you are using this expression in a chart with dimensions and expecting this expression to filter data row-wise, it would NOT. Set anaysis filters data once for an object. For that, IF is the solution.

Highlighted
venkatasreekant
Valued Contributor

Hi Tresesco,

Thanks for your suggestion, Mostly I'm preferred to IF condition only. But it was the requirement so I'm changing to Set analysis...

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Set analysis should be preferred, because it is faster. But if the expression is meant for filtering data row-wise in the chart, you can't get that using set analysis. Hope it is clearer now.

Highlighted
venkatasreekant
Valued Contributor

OK  Thank you .....

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Venkata, This will work when a selection is done.

=aggr(if(not IsNull(pr) and IsNull(po),Count({<indent = {'K'}>} total indentlinenumber)),pr,po)