Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Customer status in a Pivot table

In Qlikview 8, Based on a Customer List and number of products purchased by them month on month, I need to categorize the customers into the following categories.

Active – Customers who have been purchasing products month on month basis CONTINUOUSLY

Inactive – customers who are purchasing products but NOT CONSISTENT. This customer should not have activities at least in the last 30 days.

Returning – Customer Purchased a product initially and thereafter no activity

New – No Purchase by the customer yet. Customer just created or yet to start any transaction.

Dimensions used:

CustomerName

Year

Month

Expression:

Sum(Quantity)

Note: I am using QV8 and set analysis wont work. The above categories should be set based on year and month selection.

Sample Output:

Yr -->

Mnth -->

Customer Name

Status

ABC Technologies

Active

BDB  Technologies

-

-

Inactive

BDB  Technologies

-

-

Inactive

DHA  Technologies

-

-

-

-

Returning

EAB  Technologies

-

-

-

-

-

New

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Active: count(distinct Mnth) = count(distinct total Mnth)

Inactive: count(distinct Mnth) < count(distinct total Mnth) and max(date_of_purchase) < today() - 30

Returning: count(date_of_purchase) =1 and max(date_of_purchase) < today() - 30

New: count(date_of_purchase) = 0 and count(date_of_creation) =1

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

I was happy with the output yet not happy with the presentation. You see i am trying to achieve this using a pivot table, as mentioned in my requirement - Year and month column will be pivoted.

I used the suggestions you gave me under expression and i got status columns for all the months and years pivoted.

If i use it in the dimension, i can see only total of the entire value and not aggr data or row wise data...

I need to see only one status column at the begining/end.

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Can some please share set analysis expression for obtaining the customer status? Really stuck up with this for few weeks now...