Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebqlik25
Contributor
Contributor

Set Declarations at the begining of the script

Hi,

I have a quick question. When I used to use QlikView and created a new script there were always some SET declarations for example about decimal places, weekday names etc. Now these no longer appear? Does anyone know why? In which QlikView release has this changed? Thanks in advanced.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Which version of QlikView are you using? Can you try to manually add them or is that also not available?

Capture.png

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pretty certain Sunny is on the right track, check your Settings.ini file for the Desktop Client, located here by default:

C:\Users\bbs\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

The setting you are looking for is:

ShowSystemVariables

If it is there, I am betting it is set to 0, change that to a 1, and save and open the Desktop Client again and see if that does the trick for you.  How that would have gotten changed, I cannot say! 🙂  The more drastic thing you could do is rename the Settings.ini file and let the Client create a new one the next time you start it, that should work too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.