Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III

Set Exp not changing if i change the values of the fields in the set expression through a filter

Hi Guys,

I am using set expression for my calculation which has some fields in it to drill down the data before making the calc. So my exp looks something like this

Sum({<Field1 = {'A'}, Field2 = {'B'}, Field3 = {'C'}>} Sales)

Now if i select any value other than 'A' in a filter for Field1, i want my expression to go Null but it keeps on displaying the value that it would for Field1 = A and it is same for Field2 and Field3 as well. Selecting values for any other field works as expected. Now, I am sure this is how Qlik folks have meant this to work but i think i am lacking in some understanding when it comes to Set expression behavior against filter selections.

So, i want my set expression to throw me a Null whenever user selects anything other than A,B and C in Field1,Field2 and Field3 filters respectively.

Thanks,

Pranav

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with:

Sum({<Field1 *= {'A'}, Field2 *= {'B'}, Field3 *= {'C'}>} Sales)

But instead of null it will return zero, you can enclose it in a if() to question if the result is zero, and then set a null 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with:

Sum({<Field1 *= {'A'}, Field2 *= {'B'}, Field3 *= {'C'}>} Sales)

But instead of null it will return zero, you can enclose it in a if() to question if the result is zero, and then set a null 

pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruben,

Yes, this is what i was looking for,Thanks for your response.

Regards,
Pranav