Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imhappiee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set a dummy value to fields if not present in the source

Hi,

Hope this find the right person who can help me out

Source data: Text files which are generated automatically and can vary from 10-15 in number  and will be dropped in to folder

Qlik View Application: We have created an application based on a standard source which contains set of 11 fields and relevant expressions based on this 11 fields in the front end , so the application is freezed

Issue : some times the source may not contain all the 11 fields and the data can have 8-9 fields,In that case I don't want to change the code in the Qlik View application and set the non available field values as 0

Ex: standard source data

Codeempsaleqtysale typemodelRegioncountrystatereportingMonth
2345Anandlaptop5OnlineL-4567yhAsiaIndiaAndhra pradeshSindhuJanuary
5867Arundesktop8VendorD-2456t

Asia

IndiaKarnatakaSindhuJanuary
8954Ajaylaptop4InstitutionL-4567yAsiaIndiaUttar pradeshSindhuJanuary
4698santoshMobile6Retail Outletinsol-2AsiaIndiaKerelaSindhuJanuary
6457SuryaTablet2Online345ikteAsiaIndiaOrissaSindhuJanuary

Faulty Source data:

Codeempsaleqtysale typemodelRegionMonth
2345Anandlaptop5OnlineL-4567yhAsiaJanuary
5867Arundesktop8VendorD-2456t

Asia

January
8954Ajaylaptop4InstitutionL-4567yAsiaJanuary
4698santoshMobile6Retail Outletinsol-2AsiaJanuary
6457SuryaTablet2Online345ikteAsiaJanuary

Now in the faulty source data , fields Region, country, state , reporting are not available

So if i Load the Qlik view application it will throw an error as field not found so inspite of that error I want to load the application as is with a dummy value like 0 in to that field .

Thanks ahead.

Anand.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand,

It sounds like you are viewing the thread in your Activity & Inbox section of your profile, because there are not as many options there. You will need to click on the thread title link to view the actual thread in the community in order to see the Correct Answer button.

Here is a direct link to this thread: Set a dummy value to fields if not present in the source

Please let me know if you are still having trouble.

Best,

Qlik Community Team

imhappiee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That helped Jeremy, Thank you

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Anand,

Thanks for marking my answer as correct. I appreciate your efforts to do that (and thanks to Jeremy too).

All the best and happy Qliking!

Andrew