Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Set analysis - dimension as condition and loading dimension with constant

Hi,

I was searching for the sollution on the forum but I could not find the answeres for those - relatively easy issues:

1. I load .txt files to QV, but would like to have as well a dimension containing constant (the data type used in QV formulas). I was trying to use :

Set Data_Type = 'TGT-2012'

but this formula does not work. My current solution is to load 'TGT-2012 in Data_Type dimension via Load inline but I am sure it is more elegant solution

2. I would like to use this Data_Type dimension (containing string 'TGT-2012') in set analysis as the condition. I was trying:

sum( {$<Report_Type = Data_Type >} Quantity)  or

sum( {$<Report_Type = {"Data_Type"} >} Quantity)

but this does not work. Could you please advise me how to use this Data_Type dimension in the condition?

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Anyone?

//draszor

Not applicable

Hi,

Question 2 I have answered by trying different ways, maybe it is helpful to someone. If you need to use another dimension in the set analysis condition, the syntax is the following:

sum( {$<Report_Type = {'$(=RT_1)'}>} Quantity)

where RT_1 is a dimension

Not applicable

draszor wrote:

1. I load .txt files to QV, but would like to have as well a dimension containing constant (the data type used in QV formulas). I was trying to use :

Set Data_Type = 'TGT-2012'

but this formula does not work. My current solution is to load 'TGT-2012 in Data_Type dimension via Load inline but I am sure it is more elegant solution

If you create a text object and set its value to =Data_Type, does it show TGT-2012? I tried this and it worked; I could see TGT-2012 in a text object.

Not applicable

Re: Set analysis - dimension as condition and loading dimension with constant

Q1: If I'm not missing the point, the code will go as below:

LOAD

Dim_1,

Dim_2,

'TGT-2012' AS Type

FROM Path\Test.txt

(txt, codepage is 1250, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Pozdrowienia z Wrocławia :-)

Not applicable

No witam Pana,

Widze z profile że ostro działasz w temacie QV (tak przyrównując do mojej działalności ) czyżby związane to było z pracą czy też rozwojem prywatnych zainteresowań?

//robert

Not applicable

Świat się digitalizuje, trzeba to jakoś ogarnąć, a czym lepiej jak nie QV?! Więc dzióbie w pracy, dzióbię po pracy, może coś wydzióbię :-)

Pozdrawiam,

Przemek

Not applicable

Podałbys jakiegoś maila bo chyba nie umiem go zczytać z Twojego profile..

//RSz