Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Set analysis excluding current section problem

Hi everyone! I have a problem with set analysis. I would like to visualize top 10 Subcategory products and I would like this chart to be indipendent of current selection. This is my expression: 

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10"}>}LineTotal)

But if I select a country, the chart changes (see images attached)! So I tried this:

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"1(=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10)"}>}LineTotal). But when I write this, chart doesn't visualize data anymore. 

According to you, where is the error?

Thank you all for help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

maybe this:

Sum( { 1< SubCategoryName = {"=Rank(sum( {1} LineTotal),4)<=10"} >} LineTotal )

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

if you want to neglect the one/two fields then use the below expression

Sum({1<SubCategoryName={"=Rank(sum(LineTotal),4)<=10"},Field1=,Field2=>}LineTotal)

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thak you for your reply. Actually I would like the chart to be indipendent from any curret selection, not for one/two fields. If I select customers or a date, for example, I would like the chart not to change but to remain the same. How i could do this? I tried writing the set identifier "1" in set analyses but it seems not to work at the rank function level  if I select countries.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

maybe this:

Sum( { 1< SubCategoryName = {"=Rank(sum( {1} LineTotal),4)<=10"} >} LineTotal )

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Great, It works! Thank you so much! So I was wrong positioning the set identifier. Should I always put it in an aggregation function? Is this the reason why my expression doesn't work?