Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis with possible P() or data islands? (best performance)

Hi everyone,

I have an expression: =count({$< Product line=P(), Worker=>} FIELD) which is working properly, but i want to know the best performance option, my expression or using data islands to solve the problem. To give you some context I have added the problem bleow:

I have 2 fields that are related: worker and product line. Each worker only works in 1 product line but each product line has multiple workers [1,*]. There is a 3rd field, also related to both of them which is a metric to which i need to appy a count (it ends up in an expression as count([FIELD]).

The problem is that i need to represent at the same time the metric for workers and for product line. What i want is to select 1 worker and show his/her metric and, at the same time show the metric for the product line.

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Lluís

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are asking about performance differences, I have a vague idea how your data model and solution using the p() function looks like.

Please detail on your solution using the data islands.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

"The problem is that i need to represent at the same time the metric for workers and for product line. What i want is to select 1 worker and show his/her metric and, at the same time show the metric for the product line."

And what is the exact issue here? Given the expression ''...which is working properly"?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are asking about performance differences, I have a vague idea how your data model and solution using the p() function looks like.

Please detail on your solution using the data islands.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the question is about performance differences. I am quite a beginer so not sure of how to do it with data islands. I was asking becose if it is better to do it with data islands I would have tried that way. But I see that it depends in the case so is more complex than I thougth, so I will leave it for the future.

Thank you anyway.