Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_leijen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set analysis

Good morning all,

I'm trying to figure out set analysis, and got an issue of which I'm not sure how to solve it.

So what I want to reach, is a column to show the full last year volumes of fiscal year 2018, but it should still adapt when I select a dimension. So for instance if I would select one of our brand partners, it should show the full last year volumes of this brand partner.

The expression I've created is  sum({1<GL_4={VOL}, FiscalYear = {2018} ,Dimension={LY}>} Data)  which does show the full last year data, but doesn't change when I make a selection on one of the dimensions.

6 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

When you specify Sum({1 .. you disregard any selections, if you want to include other selections then specifiied in your set analysis use Sum({$... Also how does Dimension={LY} relate to your ' when I make a selection on one of the dimensions'

tim_leijen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Piet Hein,

So I want Qlikview to amend the data to all dimensions I'm selecting, apart from the two in my expression. So it needs to show full last year data of any dimension I select

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

So what is wrong when you use

sum({$<GL_4={VOL}, FiscalYear = {2018} ,Dimension={LY}>} Data)

haupenthals
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

try your expression replacing the identiffyer 1 with $:

=sum({$<GL_4={VOL}, FiscalYear = {2018} ,Dimension={LY}>} Data)

tim_leijen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not sure, there is no data showing when I replace the 1 with a $

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I don't know your data model, dimensions etc. If you don't know, how should I? Can you share your qvw or a sample that demonstrates your problem?