Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set default selections when opening .qvw

HI,

I hope someone can guide me. I have a qlikview document with list boxes for year, month, date, region. I want to document to open by default on all regions for the current year and month. I read and tried several trigger actions, but none of them seem to work. Can anyone suggest how I can gt this to work?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Bernard,

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to Go to Settings - Document Properties - Triggers and then for Document Event Trigger select ON Open and click Edit Actions.  Once here you will click Add and then Action Type of Selection with Action of Select In Field.  Then your field will be the names of your Year or Month Fields and the Search String will be =Month(Monthstart( Today( ) ) ) or =Year(Yearstart( Today( ) ) ) where the onth or year equals your field names.  Below is screenshot of setting and I tested this on my document and it worked just fine.

avinashelite

Hi Bernard,

Set the trigger on all the regions year and month that will do , if you facing any issue please post the app

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How to select two years, say current year and previous year on open/on activationof a sheet.?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Berth,

Go to document properties-->select triggres tab-->Document event triggers-->On open (has actions).

Here, you need to add the fields.