Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Setting default values for a Variable

Hello,

I have an input box that the user populates with salary ranges, if he enters a value, that's great, but if they manually clear values, then the variables becomes null and the bar chart wont work anymore, i need the values to be at least 0 no matter what.

So basically, if the variable becomes = null, then set it to 0, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is the application.

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try setting the constraints for the all the variables like:

Inputbox properties->Constraints tab-<Input Constraints-> check  Standard : Number

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Confused about your requirement.

in your shared application what will a user enter in an input box?

Khushboo

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try setting the constraints for the all the variables like:

Inputbox properties->Constraints tab-<Input Constraints-> check  Standard : Number

bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey tresesco,

Nice one, works great! One more question, you see how there's a listbox that has values like "Range 1 Start - Range 1 End", What do i need to do in order for this listbox to reflect the values I enter in the input box, for example. If i enter in Range 1 Start = 200, and Range 1 End = 1000. is it possible to show "200 - 1000" dynamically in the list box?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample.

PFA

bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Amazing, thanks so much!

pratap6699
Creator
Creator

yes,, goto document properties-->triggers--> variable triggers--> select vstart-->give fieldname,value='>='&vstart&'<='vend do the same thing for vend..... when we select on field value (200) till end value(1000) it will selected on field listbox automatically