Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting the paper size in a Qlikview report

Is there a way to pre-set the paper size (to A3) for a report.  I'm using Qlikview version 11.3 and I used the Qlikview Report Editor.  However, when I try to print a report through the AccessPoint it defaults to A4.  I'm using the 'Full Browser mode' to open the qvw on the AccessPoint.

Thanks

Greg

9 Replies
marjan_it
Creator III
Creator III

The report is created in pdf file and we can a pdf file in every size that I want. Its refer to print setting not report editor setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, when the pdf is created it is designed for an A4 page and the sizing of the chart is wrong and does not fit all the lables etc.  Therefore, when I choose to print this in A3 all I get is a bigger version of the A4 chart with bits missing.  I need to force it to create the chart to fit an A3 pdf page.  You can see what I mean in the example below where the years are missing and so are the data labels...

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

did you try to check this Settings within your reports

report.PNG

beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Yes, I've tried that but it applies that paper size to all available reports.

I have also changed the preferred paper size setting in the Report Setting section of the Report Editor but this doesn't appear to do anything.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Greg,

you should check Properties, and then make a necessary selection with your print, i tried that and i can print my Report

report 2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please see my response to Marjan above.  Unfortunately, using the printer properties to change the paper size afterwards doesn't work because the AccesPoints original pdf default report format is A4 and the charts are sized to fit an A4 page.  Therefore, by changing the paper size to A3 on the Printer Properties just produces a bigger pdf version of the wrongly sized A4 charts which have bits missing.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

ok, if you create your Reports from Access-Point, how does look your Settings for Printing within your QMC?

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is an annoying one, but I managed to resolve it through playing around with the Page Settings.  Admittedly, the setting that I ended up changing don't obviously relate to the final paper size, but it seems to have done the trick.

Originally, I had it set to the 'Scale to' option.  Even though all  other reference were set to A3, this one seems to have been forcing it to print onto A4.  Once I selected the option 'Fit to Pages', it printed to A3 without any issues.

Capture.PNG

I should note this will not force the print to be on 99 pages as was my orginal concern.