Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sharing a timestamp dimension from two data sources?

Hi, I have three data excel files with timestamps of the same format. The three sources have similar data, and I'd like to plot data from all three sources on my y-axis, while sharing the same x-axis of timestamps.

I am currently using the * functionality in the FROM part of my script to load multiple data sources, and I can plot and show the data from the respective files successfully. However, I am unable to show visualize data from different sources on the same graph. Would this be possible? I have tried truncating the timestamps to the hour and minute instead of seconds, so that there would be more common timestamps across the excel sheets, but to no avail.

Another thing I have tried is setting the x-axis of a graph to the timestamps of Source A, while setting the y-axis to a column of Source B. I am positive that Source B shares some of the timestamps of Source A, but I get the "No data to display" error. Would this be possible to implement?

It would be easiest if I just merged all the data into one file, but I have millions of rows and cannot fit everything into one file. Thank you.

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How does you load script and the resulting tables look like?

See also

Canonical Date

Tutorial - Using Common Date Dimensions and Shared Calendars

Which should get you an idea of how you can achieve what you want (these document are for dates, but you can possibly apply similar to your timestamps).