cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynnie830
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing documents between Licensed Users

company recently upgraded to version 12 of qlikview.  Users were moved to developer licenses.  Why can't we reload a file on our warehouse and review in qlik?  Why can't a licensed user open a qlik file sent from another licensed user?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

In general it should work. What happens - nothing or any error? Are the licences applied respectively activated/leased? Further is there any section access in use? Maybe there were also changes to the active directory settings for the files.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lynn, I agree with Marcus on this one, if the Desktop Clients are properly licenses, they should be able to open the files, unless there is a problem with Section Access or file rights etc...  You can verify the licensing by using the Help\Document Support Information link in the Desktop Client, that should confirm if a license has been applied.  There are a few other ways to confirm as well, but that is probably the easiest.  Let us know if you are still trying to sort things out, but if you did figure things out, please consider posting what the root cause was for others in the future, you can then use the Accept as Solution button after you post to mark it as the solution too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.