cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sheet Properties menu pop up

Whenever I reload the data from the script editor, the Sheet Properties menu pops up. This first happened yesterday and has never happened previously so there must be some way of disabling it.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I've figured out what has happened and thought I'd share with everyone just in case it is encountered again.

For some reason QlikView reset my settings back to default - not sure why. When doing this it unchecked some boxes that I changed in the user preferences, one being 'Re-open Script Dialog After Script Executing from Dialog'.

Once I checked that box again in 'Settings > User Preferences' the sheet properties box no longer appears.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
gf
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

Whenever there is change in script, Sheet properties will be highlighted.

I don't think there is any direct way to hide it.

The easiest way is to hit ESC after reload.

typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This has not happened for me in Qlikview before, the Sheet Properties box has never popped up before after I have changed the script and reloaded the data

rubenmarin

Hi, by default if you reload from script the sheet properties opens. I dont0 know if there is a way to disable this.
If you reload outside script sheet properties doesn't shows, only when reloading from script, doesn't matter if the script was modified or not.

typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ever since I've started using QlikView it has never appeared when reloading from the script editor so it wasn't the default.

There must be an explanation for this.

rubenmarin

Maybe there is something, but I think this has been the default for a while:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Scripting/How-to-turn-off-Sheet-Properties-opening-after-relo...

typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'd love to know what that something is!

typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So I've figured out what has happened and thought I'd share with everyone just in case it is encountered again.

For some reason QlikView reset my settings back to default - not sure why. When doing this it unchecked some boxes that I changed in the user preferences, one being 'Re-open Script Dialog After Script Executing from Dialog'.

Once I checked that box again in 'Settings > User Preferences' the sheet properties box no longer appears.

rubenmarin

That opens (or not) the script dialog when reloading from script dialog.
Sheet properties still opens when the reload is launched from script dialog, doesn't matters if that option is checked or not.
typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That's not correct for me. It does open the script dialog but it does not open the sheet properties menu as it obviously goes straight back into the dialog