cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Show Custom Tool-tips on a line chart

Hello, I'm new to QlikView and the community so please excuse me if this has already been answered. Does QlikView 11 support custom pop-ups/tooltips in line charts? I'm working on a line chart that is analyzing test scores for school districts. I have two dimensions (one for year and the other for subject) and an expression that calculates the average score according to district, subject, year, and grade. I'm trying to get the tooltip to give me the grade that is currently selected. I created an expression that calculates the string I need and checked the Text as Pop-up box, but no matter what I do it does not show up when I hover over a data point. I've also unchecked the Pop-up Labels box in the Presentation tab to keep it from displaying the default pop-ups, but then when I hover over, nothing comes up. I am able to get the grade to display in the tooltip if I check the Line box in the expression window, but this just creates another line and messes up my data. I attached a picture of the chart and the expression window to show you my settings. I saw multiple posts about this but I think most of them were about bar charts and I saw someone mention that it might not be possible with line charts. Can someone confirm that or tell me how I can do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind, I figured it out. Turns out the Pop-up expression needs to be at the top of the list of expressions to work. I think this only happens with Line Charts though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind, I figured it out. Turns out the Pop-up expression needs to be at the top of the list of expressions to work. I think this only happens with Line Charts though.