Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show DOB only for the current month

I am having some employee and there DOB in my table and i want the output such that when i select the current month eg.Jan then who are all having DOB on jan should get display .

Can anyone please help me out i am new to Qlik

DOB.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can add a new field to your script,

month(date_of_birth) as month_of_birth

and a listbox with that field (month_of_birth)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Maybe like this:

If(Month(Today()) = Month(date_of_birth), Date(date_of_birth, 'DD-MMM'))

maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can add a new field to your script,

month(date_of_birth) as month_of_birth

and a listbox with that field (month_of_birth)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sunnty i want another condition to include that i have to show there name who are all have current month birth and the field name is first_name.

Can you help me out.

First thanks for the answer

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny its working as you said and i want to add another field say first name how can display that with the date

sunny_talwar

Not really sure I understand your requirement. Would you be able to share some data with your expected output?

Not applicable
Author

as in the image attached there is a field shown first_name and it displaying all the names but i want to show only those names who have=ing current month birthday.

i got the answer i used sting concadinate as shown below is it right

=If(Month(Today()) = Month(date_of_birth),Date(date_of_birth, 'DD-MMM')& '             '&first_name)

sunny_talwar

So you have it all figured out then? If that is true, I would suggest closing this thread by marking correct and/or helpful answers.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I am having another doubt sunny can you help me outFromToDate.png

In the attached image i want to sort the chart based on fromdate and todate which is in calendar object