Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Me the Frequnecy Mr. AGGR

Hi all,

I have a table whoch consisits of 14M records, this table contains duplicates called ID.

I want to find out how many of ID's appear on a table. To achieve this i have created a pivot table

as an expression I'm currently using a pivot table with an expression call 'Activity' with a  (DISTINCT ID) as an expression and a calculated dimension aggr(Count(ID),ID) .

EG

So, as we can see on this table, 333442 ID's has appeard once, where as 4 ID's have been counted 14 times.

this works fine, but its SO SLOW! and very memory intensive.

the records count is 14M by 5 Variables. I've tried doing something in the scipt like this

LOAD Distinct
ID
ID as IDdistinct,
sum(Cnt) as CountPerID
Resident TABLE
group by ID;

But, this way not dynamic at all, if my users select a spefic product, then this table needs to recaclulate based on that product and so on.

Does anyone know any alternatives or faster ways of doing this.

thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Matthew,

You need to create an new straight table with a calculated dimension of =Aggr(Count(ID),ID) and and expression of Count(Distinct ID).

That should give you what you need - see attached.

Hope this helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Matthew,

You need to create an new straight table with a calculated dimension of =Aggr(Count(ID),ID) and and expression of Count(Distinct ID).

That should give you what you need - see attached.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much, this does work a treat. The only niggle is that I wish I could have the table going from left to right as it would be much heater in my app.

Not applicable
Author

one more question around this.

i have a flag in the data model 'Y' to say if the record is LIVE, there will be some ID's where the flag is blank and i would like to also have a zero on the table to represent zero activity on that ID.

how can that AGGR statement be adjusted to included the 0?

Not applicable
Author

Anyone got any ideas on how i can achieve this, ithe table is basically a fact table of how many people have been contacted and i want the 0 to represent how many havent.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't think anyone will see this question Matthew as the thread is already marked as closed with a correct answer. I'll try and have a look for you later but in the meantime you may want to open another question.

Jason