Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Sheet based on a condition

Hi,

I need to show a sheet to a logged in user based on a condition that the user logged in should exist in certain field values.

Example

The OS User "ABC" should be part of certain field values like

Department Head Regional Head Local Manager, etc

XYZ               ABD                              ABE

XYA               ABC                              ADE

ABB               ACB                              BAA

As here the user is identified in the list a particular sheet should be visible to them, however for a logged in user like "XXX" the user should not be able to see the sheet as the 3 list does not contain this user ID.

I am trying fieldvalue function but it does not help.

best Regards,

kapil Uppal

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this for Hide/Show condition

=SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & [Department Head] & '|'), SubField(OSUser(), '\', 2) > 0 or

SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & [Regional Head] & '|'), SubField(OSUser(), '\', 2) > 0 or

SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT '|' & [Local Manager] & '|'), SubField(OSUser(), '\', 2) > 0

Update: Based on Jayant's response

jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

That's  great Sunny..  I just feel that we should have : OSUser(), '\',2   .

Mostly OSuser values are in   "DomainID\User "  format.

sunny_talwar

Yes, you are right

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

This is excellent. I tried this and it works in all scenarios but 1.

I have 3 sheets and I have built conditions as suggested above. A user can only see one sheet. When there is valid user (which exists in the application and Qlikview) it works perfectly, however when there is an invalid user(existing in Qlikview but not on application) the first sheet is always shown. I can promote any sheet and that is shown to the invalid user.

How do I ensure that user sees a blank screen incase they get accidental access to the dashboard but sheets are not shown at all. I do have a workaround to have a blank sheet as the first sheet, but wondered if there is a better way to do this.

Best Regards,

kapil Uppal

sunny_talwar

The workaround (having a blank sheet as the first tab) is the only work around available. The other way would be to have section access where the unauthorized users will just not be able to enter the dashboard.