Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Show Start and End Dates in the Selection Range

I have a Date Field and I created Date Ranges for the Dates in the Field.

I need to show both Start Date and End Date in a Text Box for the Date Range Selected.

If I select 'Last 7 Days' in the Date Range, the following dates are selected in the Date Field

10/5/2020
10/6/2020
10/7/2020
10/8/2020
10/9/2020
10/10/2020
10/11/2020
10/12/2020

Th Start and End Dates should show as 

Start Date: 10/5/2020

End Date: 10/12/2020

It should change as per Date Range Selection.

Please refer to the QVW attached for Sample

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not able to examine your qvw at the moment, but if your date field is formatted as a date then you could use the two following expressions to get the first and last date in your selection.

=MinString([Date]) 

=MaxString ([Date]) 

I hope this was of help. 

Vegar

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@qlikwiz123  what is the problem? Looks like your selections works as expected

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Kushal_Chawda  Yes. The requirement is not just the Date Range Selections.

I just need to create Text Boxes to show start and end dates based on the Date Range Selection

For example, if I select 'Last 7 Days', the Start Date text Box should show 10/5/2020 and End Date Text box should show 10/12/2020

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not able to examine your qvw at the moment, but if your date field is formatted as a date then you could use the two following expressions to get the first and last date in your selection.

=MinString([Date]) 

=MaxString ([Date]) 

I hope this was of help. 

Vegar

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Vegar Thanks Vegar, this is what I was looking for. Thank you again

@Kushal_Chawda Thanks Kush, Guess I can use your solution going forward when my other date problems increase 🙂

Vegar
MVP
MVP

That's great!

Make sure you close this thread by accepting the answer as an solution. This will help others with a similar problem searching for answers in the future and it will inform other helping users that they can move along and help in the next post since you have got what you came for in this thread.

Have a nice day.

Vegar