Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show all hours on a graph

Hey everyone,

I'm making an object where I display the progression of the amount of users per hour.

I looks like this when I select a single day:

2017-02-02_12-59-09.png

As you can see, it only shows the hours that are logged and registered. Nobody used the software at 03h for example.

Now I want to see 03h as well as all other hours, but then with a value that's zero.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Ivo

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to look at this?

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I can't, but I can describe what I did with the data.
I extracted the hours of when people are online by using this function in the scripts:

mid(If(Wildmatch([Session Start], '*T*'), Timestamp(Timestamp#([Session Start], 'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss'), 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'), [Session Start]), 12, 2) & 'h' as Session_hour,

What kind of the problem is, is that when a certain hour isn't logged, because no one used the software at that hour. This results in only showing the hours that are logged when you select a day. If I look at at the hours over the full year, then I see all hours and that's because all hours are logged at least one time.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

after your table load add dummy rows for

1h,2h,3h with null() in the field you are counting on and then uncheck supress zero values

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Loading in dummy hours won't work, because all hours already exist.

For example:

I select January 1st and on that day 3 people were online at 04h, 05h and 09h.

Naturally, on the other hours (01h, 02h, 03h, 06h, 07h, 08h, 10h etc) there was no one online and so no record got logged with those hours on January 1st.

I want to be able to show the 01h, 02h etc. in the graph even without them being logged and not adding dummy lines, because that wont work when you select a day where 05h wasn't logged and after that you select a day where 07h wasn't logged. It won't work because both days will interfere with eachothers missing hours.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

then create an inline list of Hrs and use Pick(Match( to evaluate for each hour

See attached

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.