Show higher values AND smaller than current, using different columns

Imagine the following scenario: a set of records as below

Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4

1,      2,      3,      4

5,      6,      7,      8

9,     10,     11,     12

13,     14,     15,     16

17,     18,     19,     20

With the applied filters, the information visualized is from the third line: 9,10,11,12

I want to know, among all the values in my recordset,

• What is the next value down from the Field 3 column. The answer would be 7.
  • What is the next value up from the Field 4 column. The answer would be 16.

Answers will be displayed in the same query, without changing my current filtering.

It is as if I wanted to display the current value and also the maximum value using the Max() function.

But I want to display the next higher or lower value for different columns, as the case may be.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance,

Luiz Carlos.

16 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI

I would use peek

So something Like

ABOVE:

LOAD

ROWNO()          AS Order,

FIELD1,

PEEK(FIELD,-1)      as ABOVEFIELD1,

Then reload the Table is reverse order to get the below.

NOCONCATENATE

BELOW:

LOAD

Order ,

FIELD

PEEK(FIELD,-1)      as BELOWFIELD1

Resident ABOVE

Order by Order desc;

Mark

luiz_damascena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Almost there!!!

First of all, the expression you created is scary ... lol

When you select the car, it shows the car number that meets the condition - and I want to show the value read.

For example: Selecting car 3, is shown in Closet Field A Car number 5. But I want to show the value that is in this field, for car 5. In the case, 10.1.

But I could not adjust your expression ...

Thank you in advance.

sunny_talwar

Check attached

Capture.PNG

Changed this

Pick(Match(RangeMin(Fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc))))), fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))),

Fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc))))), fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))),

Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))), Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))

sunny_talwar

If doing this in the script is an option, i.e., this information remain static and doesn't change based on selection, I would do it the way mark6505‌ has pointed out

luiz_damascena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Perfect!

I'll check the possibility of doing it via script, but what I wanted, your expression does!

Now it is to understand more and adapt to my data model ...

But, thank you, again.

Luiz Carlos.

sunny_talwar

Let me break it down a little

Step1 - Calculate the difference between Current Car - Value Above and Value Below

Pick(Match(RangeMin(Fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc))))), fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))),

Fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc))))), fabs(FieldA - Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))),

Only({1} Aggr(Above(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))), Only({1} Aggr(Below(Only({1} FieldA)), Month, (FieldA, (NUMERIC, asc)))))

In this step, you can probably use set analysis instead of using Aggr() and Above() which will make your expression perform better... but if we continue with this

Step2 - find the absolute value of the difference

Step3 - find the min difference

Step4 - Find the value associated with the minimum difference...

Pick(Match(MinAbsoluteDifference, AbsoluteDifference1, AbsoluteDifference2), Value1, Value2)

So if MinAbsoluteDifference = AbsoluteDifference1, then pick Value1, if MinAbsoluteDifference = AbsoluteDifference2, then pick Value2

I hope this will make it somewhat easy to understand.

Best,

Sunny

luiz_damascena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot, Sunny!