Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Show specific dimension responses in a graph

I have  "Overall Experience" question with 5 responses "Extremely Satisfied" ,"Satisfied" ,"Neutral" ,"Dissatisfied"  and "Extremely Dissatisfied".

I selected "Overall Experience" as a dimension, but i want to show in the graph only the  Dissatisfied and Extremely Dissatisfied

How can i do this?? Can you please help

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Show specific dimension responses in a graph

You can either use a calculated dimension:

=if([Overall Experience]  = 'Dissatisfied' or [Overall Experience] = 'Extremely Dissatisfied', [Overall Experince])

(and check 'suppress when value is NULL' in dimension tab of chart properties)

or use [Overall Experience] as dimensions (as you now do), and add a so called set expression to your aggregation functions (I assume you do use some aggregation functions like count(Response)):

=count({<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

In case =count({<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

the user selection of [Overall Experience] values will be discarded for counting.

If its not suitable use 'intersaction' of sets:

=count({$*$<[Overall Experience]= {'Dissatisfied','Extremely Dissatisfied'}>} Response)

Not applicable

I tried this and it worked

if ( [overall experience] = 'Dissatisfied' or [overall experience] = 'Extremely dissatisfied',sum(Count),0)

now it showed me the dissatisfied and Extremely dissatisfied, but now if i want to get it in percentage

i have to divide sum(Count) / ( sum ( "Extremely satisfied", "Satisfied","Neutral","dissatisfied","extremely dissatisfied")

how can i get  sum ( "Extremely satisfied", "Satisfied","Neutral","dissatisfied","extremely dissatisfied")

MVP
MVP

I think you just need to divide by sum(total Count):

=if ( [overall experience] = 'Dissatisfied' or [overall experience] = 'Extremely dissatisfied',sum(Count),0)

/

sum(total Count)

or if you want to try with a set expression:

=sum({<[Overall Experience] = {'Extremely dissatisfied','Dissatisfied'}>} Count) /

sum(total Count)

I assumed, that you are only using one dimension, if you are using more than one, you need to add a field list to your total qualifier, e.g.

....  / sum(total<Dimension1FieldName> Count)

Please check the Help file for more details about the total qualifier.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Community Browser