Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show values greater than or less than in Pivot Table

I have a Pivot Table with Few Dimensions and the following Expressions as Columns

sum(Profit)

sum(Variance)

sum(Derived)

which are numbers

I have to create a button where if I select the button, the table must show only values greater than 2,00,000 and another button for 5,00,000.

How do I do it?

Is it possible to create three buttons for each column?

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

Use this for your second expression:

If(Sum(Measure) > vValue, sum(Measure1))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, when I select >200 or >500 actions, i need to show only those Dimensions, the rest should be hidden. I don't know how to make it work as I have more than one expression in the table.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to provide me the expected output in an Excel sheet when you click on >200 and also when you click on >500. I think I might be missing the requirement here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, Please have a look at the QVW and the Excel Sheet (Has Tabs with Original Data and Expected Result)

sunny_talwar

Isn't that's what its doing today?

No Selection:

Capture.PNG

>200 selected:

Capture.PNG

>500 selected:

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but this condition changes when we add more than one dimension. Since I changed the Dim1 to Dim in the last QVW file, we don't see an issue. In my case, I have multiple dimensions which don't hide/show based on our >200 or >500 conditions.

sunny_talwar

So I guess show me the output when you have both the dimensions in there .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I know what my problem is. I have multiple expressions in my table (Almost 35).

So according to your logic, I have to apply expression similar to this (If(Sum(Measure) > vValue, sum(Measure1)))

for all 35 expressions, which would really complicate my pivot table.

sunny_talwar

May be use a calculated dimension in your case then.

sunny_talwar

Try the attached to see if the method works