Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Showing Expression dependant on Variable

Hello

If I have four expressions:

A

B

C

D

If i wanted to show the values for expression B in the chart depenadant only when  another condition has been for filled  (for instance if  variable1 said Y)

for Example

Variable 1=Y

B

C

D

Variable1 = N

A

C

D

Is this possible?

Jon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vincent_ardiet
Contributor III

In bar graphs you can write your expression as : =if(Variable1='Y',B) with B containing your expression.

It works like no expression was here.

But if you choose to have values on data points for this expression, it will appear like a 0 expression.

So in this case, uncheck the "values on data points", then click on the little + beside your expression, go to the "Show Value" propertie and in the definition field type Variable1='Y'.

Regards,

Vincent

4 Replies
vincent_ardiet
Contributor III

Hi,

In the Presentation tab of your chart object properties you will find the list of all your dimensions and expressions.

If you choose the B expression, then below the list, you can click on conditionnal display and put the following expression in it : Variable1=Y

Regards,

Vincent

Not applicable

Thanks thta really helps is there a way to do it in bar graphs as well as tables/charts?

Jon

vincent_ardiet
Contributor III

In bar graphs you can write your expression as : =if(Variable1='Y',B) with B containing your expression.

It works like no expression was here.

But if you choose to have values on data points for this expression, it will appear like a 0 expression.

So in this case, uncheck the "values on data points", then click on the little + beside your expression, go to the "Show Value" propertie and in the definition field type Variable1='Y'.

Regards,

Vincent

Not applicable

thanks for this I had tried the if statement, but iot was the values on data points which caught me out works a treat..