Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing a chart when another chart is selected

Is there a way to only show a chart when another chart is opened.

I see there is a conditional show option in the 'Layout' tab of the chart properties dialogue box.  Could I use this to write a bit of code to show the chart if another chart is selected (not minimised)?

Thanks

Greg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with a grid container (if you want show/hide or minimize/maximize 2 charts together)

1.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Greg,

Unfortunately there is no event "chart minimized" or "chart maximized".  The best I can think of is using a button (or text box) to minimize and restore the chart.  Also you need a variable that stores the current chart status.  So, create a variable vCH01Minimized.  Create a button with actions:
Minimize Object, and the object ID is calculated:  =if(vCH01Minimized=0, 'CH01')
Restore Object, object ID:     =if(vCH01Minimized=1, 'CH01')
Set Variable, where variable is vCH01Minimized, and value: =if(vCH01Minimized=0,1,0)

Use only this button to minimize and restore CH01, so the variable will change.  Use this variable as show condition for the second chart:

vCH01Minimized=0

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You can use conditional display available at layout page of setting of an object.

Set a variable that vDisplay

Now when Chart 1 is selected then set it 1

Now on conditional layout expression write

if(vDisplay=1,1,0)

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with a grid container (if you want show/hide or minimize/maximize 2 charts together)

1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone for your help. The container option worked well.

Greg