Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III

Showing all possible values in bar chart

I'm hoping someone can take a look at the attached for me.

What I want is to select from the 'Cat & SubCat' list box, and for the chart to show all possible grades for that 'Cat' along the X axis (obviously many of them will be null values).

For example, when I select 'A English', I should see A* - E along X axis, but with values only for 'A' and 'B'

Have tried various JOINS/KEEP functions in script, but still no joy!

I also don't want to bring 'Type C' from the 'Possible' table into the data - so I only want to join the Types that appear in the 'Main' table.

Thanks,
Jess

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

see the attached application

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Not quite, because 'M' and 'P' don't belong to 'Cat A'.

So the chart you're showing, but without M or P.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

But, If we are doing suppress then P and M should come right? i am not sure i followed you..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So when I select 'A English', it is coming from Cat 'A'.

The only possible values for Cat 'A' are:

A*

A

B

C

D

E

So I would like to see all of those values on the X axis.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you map the table using ApplyMap ‒ QlikView

And expression should this?

Count({<Type = $:: Type>} ID)

Kushal_Chawda

What should be the count for All possible values? A=4 or 1, B=5 or 3?

jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry Kushal, I don't really understand your question.

Basically, the chart should show exactly as my attachment, except all possible values should be showing along the X axis.

Most values will be null, but A type 2 = 1, B type 1 = 2, B type 2 = 1

Kushal_Chawda

see the attached application

Capture.JPG

jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Kushal. Your solution involved a few more variables and syntax than I hoped, but works great.

Think I've managed to find a  more straightforward solution. It leaves me with a synthetic table, but I'm hoping that won't cause too many issues!