cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing stacked line charts based on conditions

Hi Qlik Experts,

Still new with Qlikview. I need to build a chart that shows network performance as a function of throughput and latency over the time.

I have data that contains a few parameters, but let's say only focuses on 4 columns,which are Time stamp, hardware ID, Latency and throughput.

I need to build stacked line chart showing number of terminals with conditions below:

• If latency is below x and throughput is  below y then count number of terminal - this will be line 1
  • If latency is below x and throughput is  above y then count number of terminal - this will be line 2
  • If latency is above x and throughput is  below y then count number of terminal - this will be line 3
  • If latency is above x and throughput is  above y then count number of terminal - this will be line 4

So, basically to show number of terminals occurrence for each period - this will be x axis or dimension (can be vary, e.g. 5 minutes, 15 minutes  or even dates)  with the stacked lines each showing different bucket or quadrant.

There will be 4 stacked lines depending the range and condition.  I will also need to be able to change the granularity dimensions dynamically (e.g. count over 5 minutes, 30 minutes hour or day).

It seems to be simple  4 expressions (one for each line) but I could not show the chart when applying the condition on the expression.

When tried something like this in the expression it did not show anything:

if(Latency <='600' and (([throughput])<'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))

What would be the right expression for this? Will this be with set analysis

The attached is the sample of the data.

Thanks for help.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Qlikview Experts,

Is there any suggestion on what would be the right expression for this?

I tried  if(Latency <='600' and (([throughput])<'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))  and other ranges but none showing any chart.  Only worked without condition (e.g. count ([Terminal ID]).

The conditions that I'd like to apply is as follows:

if(Latency <='600' and (([throughput])<'1000'), count ([Terminal ID])) -  expression 1

if(Latency > '600' and (([throughput])<'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))  - expression 2

if(Latency <='600' and (([throughput])>'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))  - expression 3

if(Latency .>'600' and (([throughput])>'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))   - expression 4

Any help on this would be very useful to me. Still new to Qlikview...

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Expressions:

1) Count({<Latency = {'<600'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'<1000'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

2) Count({<Latency = {'<600'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'>=1000'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

3) Count({<Latency = {'>=600'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'<1000'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

4) Count({<Latency = {'>=600'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'>=1000'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

sunny_talwar

Further you can use variables to drive Latency and Throughput values using input box or slider object

Capture.PNG

Expressions:

Count({<Latency = {'<$(=vLatency)'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'<$(=vThroughput)'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

Count({<Latency = {'<$(=vLatency)'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'>=$(=vThroughput)'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

Count({<Latency = {'>=$(=vLatency)'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'<$(=vThroughput)'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

Count({<Latency = {'>=$(=vLatency)'}, [Throughput (Kbps)] = {'>=$(=vThroughput)'}>}DISTINCT [Hardware Id])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Many Thanks for this.  Very helpful!

I'd like to take a bit further on the chart. I'd like to plot a scatter chart and showing relationship between latency and throughput for each terminal.

This is what I did with the scatter chart:

Dimension : Time Stamp and hardware ID

Expression: X axis is latency and y axis is avg(throughput)

I was able to show the scatter chart as shown below

scatter.png

The above chart is OK but I'd like to make a chart showing number of distinct hardware, not only number of occurrences. 

I believe the above shows number of occurrences for each hardware. When I changed the dimension with calculated value no data was shown. 

Additionally, I'd like to also show bubble chart based on number of occurrences. Tried  to use count (Hardware ID) in Z-axis but nothing showed up on the chart.

Any hint?

sunny_talwar

I am going to be out for the day. May be Stefan might offer some help in the mean time

sunny_talwar

I was unable to replicate the chart that you have above. Would you be able to share the qvw file where you have this and I might be able to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please find attached the qvw file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Qlik experts, is there any to use calculated dimension for the XY or scatter chart?

Basically, I'd like to count distinct hardware Id instead of just use Hardware Id in the dimension.

sunny_talwar

Distinct count on what dimension?