cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing stacked line charts based on conditions

Hi Qlik Experts,

Still new with Qlikview. I need to build a chart that shows network performance as a function of throughput and latency over the time.

I have data that contains a few parameters, but let's say only focuses on 4 columns,which are Time stamp, hardware ID, Latency and throughput.

I need to build stacked line chart showing number of terminals with conditions below:

• If latency is below x and throughput is  below y then count number of terminal - this will be line 1
  • If latency is below x and throughput is  above y then count number of terminal - this will be line 2
  • If latency is above x and throughput is  below y then count number of terminal - this will be line 3
  • If latency is above x and throughput is  above y then count number of terminal - this will be line 4

So, basically to show number of terminals occurrence for each period - this will be x axis or dimension (can be vary, e.g. 5 minutes, 15 minutes  or even dates)  with the stacked lines each showing different bucket or quadrant.

There will be 4 stacked lines depending the range and condition.  I will also need to be able to change the granularity dimensions dynamically (e.g. count over 5 minutes, 30 minutes hour or day).

It seems to be simple  4 expressions (one for each line) but I could not show the chart when applying the condition on the expression.

When tried something like this in the expression it did not show anything:

if(Latency <='600' and (([throughput])<'1000'), count ([Terminal ID]))

What would be the right expression for this? Will this be with set analysis

The attached is the sample of the data.

Thanks for help.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the xy chart file that I sent there is a dimension for Hardware id. The points in chart shows occurrence as a function of latency and throughput. Instead of occurrence is it possible to show calculated number of Hardware ID (count distinct).

sunny_talwar

I am still trying to understand how the count would look? Do you have something in mind you can draw on paper?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I should rephrase it in simpler word. Actually I just wanted to show bubble chart based on number of occurrence of this Hardware ID.