cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sign out after x minutes

Hello Community,

when im using Qlik View my user gets signed out after a short period of inactivity. I changed the Session Timeout settings in the Management Console already, but I still get signed out after a few minutes. How do I change this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

For the session to timeout, there are several reasons. The three most frequent are:

• Session has really expired. This can be caused mostly because:
    • a hard timeout in QlikView (QMC or document - which you have already checked)
    • settings in the browser (security policies), load balancer, proxy, webserver, cookie, SSO or similar for which you will need to request your IT to modify this behavior
    • the same document is being open in the same browser by the same user in two different tabs or in two different browsers, each session kicking the other out
  • There is new data because the app has been reloaded or redistributed or even it was saved again while the user was using it. Although timeout is not the error you should see (instead, Reconnecting or Updating, but timeout also happens) you could fix that unchecking in the QMC "Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory".
  • There is one object too complex. In most cases, using Ajax, you don't see any error message such as "Memory Exceeded" or "Object calculation timeout reached". In this case you will have to see which chart is causing that.

Take a look at the Sessions and Events logs in the server, by default at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

For the session to timeout, there are several reasons. The three most frequent are:

• Session has really expired. This can be caused mostly because:
    • a hard timeout in QlikView (QMC or document - which you have already checked)
    • settings in the browser (security policies), load balancer, proxy, webserver, cookie, SSO or similar for which you will need to request your IT to modify this behavior
    • the same document is being open in the same browser by the same user in two different tabs or in two different browsers, each session kicking the other out
  • There is new data because the app has been reloaded or redistributed or even it was saved again while the user was using it. Although timeout is not the error you should see (instead, Reconnecting or Updating, but timeout also happens) you could fix that unchecking in the QMC "Allow Only One Copy of Document in Memory".
  • There is one object too complex. In most cases, using Ajax, you don't see any error message such as "Memory Exceeded" or "Object calculation timeout reached". In this case you will have to see which chart is causing that.

Take a look at the Sessions and Events logs in the server, by default at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer