Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

Simple QlikView Writeback Extension

Hello,

Could anyone give me assistance on a QlikView writeback extension that exists or writing a simple one?  All that I need to do is have an input box and a submit button.  When the user enters text into the input box and clicks submit, it kicks off a stored procedure on our Teradata database server and passes the text from the input box as a parameter to write the data to the database table.

I've tried macro's, but because of limitations on our server, I can't work this through.

I've also reached out to several extension companies online and am not having any luck.  Thank you for your help!

Josh

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

An easier option may be to do a Database Command Supporting Task that would run the Stored Proc call, I am not sure about the parameter piece in this case though...  

Here is Help Doc for Extensions just in case you had not found that:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/QV_Extensions...

Here is Help doc on the Support Task I mentioned:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_SupportingTa...

Hopefully this gets you moving forward with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your reply!!  I'm not understanding the 'Database Command', even looking through the documentation.  Is it something set up in the QMC under the document?  Maybe it is hidden to me since I don't own the server, but I can do most things with tasks in the QMC.