Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple Question - Labels to charts

I'm a student interested in BI, particularly Qlikview and am working through the Qlikview for Developers 11 book. I'm not far along, but I'm having an issue adding a lable for my expression. I know I'm missing something silly.

Any help would be appreciated. I've attached a SS.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You have grouped your expressions into a cyclic group. This means that the user will see the little cycle icon and can switch between what expression to show. The labels are set on the individual expression level so whatever expression is currently selected from the group, that's the label that will show.

Not applicable
Author

Right, each cyclic group has a unique label assigned to the expressions, however, none of the labels appear on my chart.

The screen shot I attached was one example of where my label was identified and the chart with it not appearing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah, thinking about it, maybe that's the default behavior.. the labels only show up whn clicking the little drop down arrow on the cyclic icon.

Not applicable
Author

The issue occurred prior to adding the cyclic groups. I just chose to move on thinking I was missing something silly.