Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple problem but not finding the solution (Conditional Chart)

Hi,

I have created a chart and put a condition on it to display as :

=GetSelectedCount(field) >0

But when I select my field it get displayed else its just get off the screen(hide). I wanna display a message for the user which says somthing like "PLEASE SELECT ANY VALUE IN FIELD'. This message should be displayed everytime and when a user selects something in field a chart will be displayed.

Thanks in advance. Woulld really appreciate your response.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

There are two basic approaches that I might use.  First, rather than a conditional display of the chart, do a calculation condition, and then edit the error message for "calculation condition unfulfilled" to display whatever you want it to display.  Second, keep the chart as is, and create a text box with a conditional display that is the opposite of the chart, and put your message in the text box.  That can allow for more flexible formatting if desired.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

There are two basic approaches that I might use.  First, rather than a conditional display of the chart, do a calculation condition, and then edit the error message for "calculation condition unfulfilled" to display whatever you want it to display.  Second, keep the chart as is, and create a text box with a conditional display that is the opposite of the chart, and put your message in the text box.  That can allow for more flexible formatting if desired.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John. i would go with the first approach.