Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple search

I have a table field having booking date stored in it.

My requirement is to make a simple report where user will be able to key in start and end booking dates, for this I am planning to use input box where user will be able to type in start and end dates.

Is there any option to link the input box with a normal table box, where changing the input dates results in displaying in the table box all those records within that date range ?

i.e. i need user be able to type in start and end date and thus final result should function like "select... .... ... where bookingdate between startdate and enddate"

Using Straight Table in Chart instead of table box seems to be confusing for me, since Chart represents data based on X and Y axis.

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is your solution.

Checkout the uploaded document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Jiji

The common approach to this type of problem is to link the input box to two variables (lets call them vMinDate and vMaxDate). Then in your table (Chart/Straight table, not Table Box), use expressions like:

=sum(if(bookingdate >= '$(vMinDate)' and bookingdate <= '$(vMaxDate)', amount))

Use a similar pattern for all the chart expressions. You may want to select "Suppress When Value is Null" for the dimensions.

Ideally you should use set expressions for above, but it sounds like you may be a newbie, so I am keeping it simple. Please forgive me if I am mistaken.

Dont be confused by the term chart - it is simply a visualisation with dimensions and expressions, of which X/Y graphs is one option.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein