Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manpri7078
Creator
Creator

Slider Object for Texts

Hi All,

Can a slider object be created for storing texts such as Min, Max, Avg and so on. As I want to make dynamic expressions to calculate Min or Max with the help of Variable set as per slider object.

Input Box can be created for this purpose easily. But  if a slider object can be created, then can you please guide me accordingly.

Also please guide me whether variable can be used for such functions such as Min, Max or Avg.

Regards

Manish Prasad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Manish,

The problem with using a slider object for your purpose is that you can only use it to control a numerical variable. You can't create it with three positions 'Max','Min' & 'Avg'.

Maybe try this:

In your script

let HidePrefix = '%';

ChartMeasures:

LOAD * Inline [

%ChartMeasure

Min,

Max,

Avg

];

Add a listbox for %ChartMeasure. Make it for One Selected Value Only. Styling it as LED looks good for this purpose.

Add this textbox and see how the result changes as you make selections in the chart measure listbox:

=Pick(Match(%ChartMeasure,'Min','Max','Avg'),

Min(Expression1),

Max(Expression1),

Avg(Expression1))

Good luck

Andrew

View solution in original post

3 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Manish,

The problem with using a slider object for your purpose is that you can only use it to control a numerical variable. You can't create it with three positions 'Max','Min' & 'Avg'.

Maybe try this:

In your script

let HidePrefix = '%';

ChartMeasures:

LOAD * Inline [

%ChartMeasure

Min,

Max,

Avg

];

Add a listbox for %ChartMeasure. Make it for One Selected Value Only. Styling it as LED looks good for this purpose.

Add this textbox and see how the result changes as you make selections in the chart measure listbox:

=Pick(Match(%ChartMeasure,'Min','Max','Avg'),

Min(Expression1),

Max(Expression1),

Avg(Expression1))

Good luck

Andrew

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your guidance. I am now able to accomplish my desired task.

Regards,

Manish Prasad

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Manish,

Very pleased to have been able to help.

Regards

Andrew