Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jojo17
Contributor
Contributor

Slider for Average Rating

There are multiple movies that has been rated between 1-5 by users in a survey. One movie can have more than one rating. 

I would like to include a slider. The purpose of the slider is for user to select a range or a specific number (multi values) and to display movies with an average rating of selection.

However, the slider that I have added into my dashboard only allows selection for 1,2,3,4,5 and NOT numbers showing the average, like 3.4, 4.2 etc. 

How should I configure my slider to show values that includes the average values or is there a property of the slider I should adjust? 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be create variable for that field. And use the same for slider using the Variable section.

Then, Min Value = Min({1} Field)

Max Value = Max({1} Field)

Static Step = 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Any one of them)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jodi,

you can have two variable such as vRatingMax and vRatingMin and they can be used on Slider with Min value of 0 and 5.

The slider will store the continuous value of min and max rating and we can use it on the calculation. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be create variable for that field. And use the same for slider using the Variable section.

Then, Min Value = Min({1} Field)

Max Value = Max({1} Field)

Static Step = 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Any one of them)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sathishbabu_s_g
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Jodi,

you can have two variable such as vRatingMax and vRatingMin and they can be used on Slider with Min value of 0 and 5.

The slider will store the continuous value of min and max rating and we can use it on the calculation.