Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III

Slow send to excel

Hello,

I have a problem with sending a table to excel, the file in question is 23MB that I suppose is a normal size, but it takes more than 7 minutes to be downloaded, plus I've another extract on another tab of my application that is 19MB and that loads in less than 3 minutes!

I can not understand the root cause and it's starting to be annoying for the end users.

So can someone help me please?

& Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Which browser are you using it?  best way try to download via Google chrome instead of IE browser and then make sure your network connection (use LAN  instead of wifi)

is it pivot table?  (straight table best large data extraction)

still if u have issue try to use .csv format instead of excel.

Thanks

Deva

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi & thnx 4 ur answer .

We r already using google chrome, and the issue is the same despite using LAN connexion.

The 2 tables are straight and aren't pivot.
And using csv format is faster but it takes about 5 min to be downloaded.
So i'm still looking for the root cause of this problem.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

My first comment is that 23MB and 19MB are big files to start with.  What are the differences between to the two tables?

What is the format?  Are they straight tables, Table Boxes or Pivots?

How many rows in each?

How many columns in each?

If they have to be exported, maybe you can get the script to write out the file to Excel and then post a link to the spreadsheet.  I have done that in the past with very large extracts.  It is just writing out a QVD, but use an excel or csv file extension.

Nate

souma2020
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yeah maybe the files size are big but 8min it's too much for downloading!

The deffirence between the two table is the data displayed in each one.
Actualy they are 2 straights tables.

The 1st table is 65 columns and 23000 lines -> it is the one that downloads in less than 3 min.

The 2nd Table is of 45 columns and 31000 lines -> this one is downloaded in more than 7 min.