cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sort order changes on Access Point

We have an application with a straight table that has a very specific sort order by an expression. Every time it refreshes through the Management Console the sort order I set vanishes and the application becomes pretty useless.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Labels (4)
7 Replies
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

Is the data used in the table object all in the same table? Have you tried creating the table in script and incorporating the expression as a sort field?
marcus_sommer

Maybe the refresh really changes the results of the sort-expression or the sort-expression becomes invalid in any way. To check this you could try to display the sort-expressions within the chart.

Further check if there is a mix-match of different Qlik releases between the desktop client and the server - which often work but isn't recommended because there could occur strange errors.

Another possibility is that the object is corrupt in some way. Youc ould check this if you re-build it (copying the expressions-strings but not any of the properties - by cloning them you would also clone a possible error).

- Marcus

BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No. The table is quite complex and is used to determine errors with the data and presenting the incorrect ones at the top...hence the sort order is critical.

BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The server version differing from the desktop version is a possibility. Unfortunately the server is not under our control. And as it doesn't happen when I refresh it on the desktop client it seems a likely candidate. I'll see what I can find.

BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay. We have QlikView for Windows 12.0.200000.0 on our desktops and the server version is 12.10.20600.0, but that's QlikView Server so will that ever be a match?

marcus_sommer

The release mix-match might be the cause especially because the desktop release is quite old and quite near to the initial release. But like above mentioned I would at first check if there is anything wrong within the datamodel and if it is it might be fixable.

- Marcus

nakuldev
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Even I have faced the same issue but it got resolved after promoting the dimension to the top in sort tab and sorting is provided to Dimension.

Regards

Nakul