Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialier
Creator III
Creator III

Sort order in a Line Chart with a circular dimension

Hello !

I have a Line Chart showing revenue for two SKUs. In the x axis I have the period in month and quarters using a circular dimension so I can jump to a quarterly or monthly view based on my needs.

The issue came on the x axis sorting, because i did not find the way to have both month and quarter well sorted.

Please help. I'm attaching a sample on what I have.

thks,dani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hello,

As Marcus said, you need convert Month-Year field in numeric value, to do this, first use makedate() to get a correct Date, then just get Numeric Period (Year/Month) with MonthName() , finally just create your gruop and use Calendar Quarter sorted by A-> Z  ASC and Period (Month/Year) sorted by Numeric Value ASC and thats all.

Best regards.

See attached file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need numeric values for this kind of sorting. I suggest you add a numeric month and quarter field to your datamodel or creates your period-fields with dual(string, number).

Alternatively you could use a sorting-expression (tab sort) with pick(match()) or makedate(year, month, day) or similar.

- Marcus

maxgro
MVP
MVP

hope to understand, see attachment

I sorted the 2 dim of the cyclic dimension

1.png

Not applicable

Hello,

As Marcus said, you need convert Month-Year field in numeric value, to do this, first use makedate() to get a correct Date, then just get Numeric Period (Year/Month) with MonthName() , finally just create your gruop and use Calendar Quarter sorted by A-> Z  ASC and Period (Month/Year) sorted by Numeric Value ASC and thats all.

Best regards.

See attached file.