Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manisha_uit
Creator
Creator

Sorting in drill down chart

Hi,

I have a drill down chart - the dimensions used are Month -> Reject Type -> Date -> Item

Currently it is sorted by Month

But my user wants all the dimensions to be sorted separately like:

Month -> Jan, Feb, Mar......

Reject Type -> desc to asc

Date -> Oct-01, Oct-02, Oct-03.......

Item -> desc to asc

Is there any option where i can customize the sort order for each dimension?

Thanks

Manisha

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

did u make group for that right.......if u edit that group then there is an option for Sort Order...just check....& select Dimension & apply sort order for that particular Dimension..

manisha_uit
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yeah i've tried doing that...

The sort order which i've used are:

Month -> Expression to sort it by months

Reject Type -> Frequency

Date -> Numeric value

Item -> Frequency

But no effect on the graphs

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

Edit that group then there is an option for Sort Order...just check....& select Dimension & apply sort order for that particular Dimension..

Use Month -> Load Order ascending

Reject Type -> Text Z-A

Date -> Text Z-A or load order asc

Item ->Text Z-A

Hope that helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable

You might be experiencing the same thing I just fought through, it was not enough to set the sort order for each attribute in the Drill-Down Group only.  I also had to deselect the chart itself from sorting on the Y-value.

Chris

Not applicable

To reflect sorting on a drill down dimension, you have to first remove the sort applied on the group itself, then drill down dimensions will start reflecting.

Go to Chart Properties --> Sort Tab ----> select dimension ---> uncheck all sort by ----> OK

then

Go to Chart Properties --> Dimension Tab ---> Edit Group button ---> Edit button ---> Sort Orders button ---> Select a field and opt your sort.

panwipa2528
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you for your help. That's correct for me.