Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Sorting not working

Hello, I found this solution in another discussion but it's not working for me.

I have 3 Rating values, High, Medium and Low. I want to sort them in that order.

I am using a list box with the Sort by Expression checked and the following expression:

=match(Rating,'High','Medium','Low')

If I sort either by Ascending or Descending I do not get the correct order. (Asending is Low, High, Medium and Descending is Medium, High, Low).

No other sort option is checked.

Qlikview 11.0 if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

-JC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Sorting not working

Hi JC,

I have a tutorial on different ways to use Match() on my blog. Here is the link:

http://qlikshare.com/292

If possible, please post the sample QVW App and I can take a look at your application.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

4 Replies
Not applicable

I think the best approach in this case is to use Dual() function in your script. This way you have a numerical and a text value for every rate, and it will be ordered by number.

Example: Dual('high', 1) as rating

Dual('medium', 2)

Etc.

Sent from mobile.

Luminary
Luminary

Hi JC,

I have a tutorial on different ways to use Match() on my blog. Here is the link:

http://qlikshare.com/292

If possible, please post the sample QVW App and I can take a look at your application.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable

Thank you, that was a good video! I actually tried both the Dual methods and Match, and Match was much easier. I used Match(Rating,'Low','Medium','High") and sorted Descending and it worked.

Luminary
Luminary

Thank you JC. Appreciate your comments

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com