Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Split the total bar in the stacked chart

I have a stacked chart with two dimensions. I am able to show the stacked chart but having trouble to split the 'Total" bar. Please see the sample attached qlikview file and the screen shot:

I want the "Total" bar to split into 3000 (Which is the total for Dim2=1) and 2300 (Which is the total for Dim2=2).

Thank you for your time.

Split-Total_Bar_ScreenShot1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Anil,

Is it possible to do on the front end with out the island table ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I really hate to do in UI, It kills the performance. I believe we can club using this.

Pick(Match($Field, Dim1), 'Dim1' , 'TOTAL')

Note - Without hesitate i will say, This will show "out of object" if filter happens and search to all fields and pick only Dim1 to clun TOTAL. That may not a good practice.

Q) Why you didn't like Island Table?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Agree, Island table is the best but I should not touch the script.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Good, Still we can force it.. I got same from customer but i request them to go with Island one only. Let me invite tresesco whether he has some inputs to understand better..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Alternatively you can use synthetic dimension (using valuelist()/valueloop()). However, that would not be responsive to your selection. Hence the better is what Anil has already suggested.

Thanks Anil for the invite.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have time, Please made in QVW using ValueList and ValueLoop. I even wonder how this goes..