Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Split the total bar in the stacked chart

I have a stacked chart with two dimensions. I am able to show the stacked chart but having trouble to split the 'Total" bar. Please see the sample attached qlikview file and the screen shot:

I want the "Total" bar to split into 3000 (Which is the total for Dim2=1) and 2300 (Which is the total for Dim2=2).

Thank you for your time.

Split-Total_Bar_ScreenShot1.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Capture.JPG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Anil,

Is it possible to do on the front end with out the island table ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I really hate to do in UI, It kills the performance. I believe we can club using this.

Pick(Match($Field, Dim1), 'Dim1' , 'TOTAL')

Note - Without hesitate i will say, This will show "out of object" if filter happens and search to all fields and pick only Dim1 to clun TOTAL. That may not a good practice.

Q) Why you didn't like Island Table?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Agree, Island table is the best but I should not touch the script.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Good, Still we can force it.. I got same from customer but i request them to go with Island one only. Let me invite tresesco whether he has some inputs to understand better..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Alternatively you can use synthetic dimension (using valuelist()/valueloop()). However, that would not be responsive to your selection. Hence the better is what Anil has already suggested.

Thanks Anil for the invite.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have time, Please made in QVW using ValueList and ValueLoop. I even wonder how this goes..