Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeckstein
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Stacked Bar Chart with spacing between groups

I am trying to create a sort of stacked bar chart. The dimensions would be two fields ([client name] and [Aging Groups]) the expression is Sum([Open Balance]).

That is how I would create the stacked bar chart,

BUT

I am looking to start each one of the [Aging Groups] at the same place (This is indicated by the black dotted line in the picture below).

My desire outcome would be like the chart below (minus the black dotted line)

ANY  help or ANY ideas about this would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jim

Photo on 7-1-16 at 12.16 PM #2.jpg

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Just my opinion:

The main purpose of a stack bar chart is to show how the various parts add to the total. Your chart doesn't allow the viewer to compare the totals.

Why not use 5 separate bar charts or maybe a trellis chart?

jeckstein
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

m w,

I have never worked with the trellis chart before. That seems like a great suggestion for what I want to display.

The only issue i have is the y axis- [client name] being displayed multiple time. I would like it only to be displayed the the first part of the trellis chart. Also is there a way to be able to use like a multicolor to make all the bars in the first chart different from the second, third, etc.??

-Jim

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I don't think you can control the y axis settings for the individual trellis charts (I've been wrong before).

You can probably set the bar colors using Expression|Background Color.